Go Back   Askaboutmoney.com > General Financial Issues > Redundancy, unemployment & jobseekers' SW entitlements

Old 23-06-2009, 10:05 AM
LadyCoco

Default Can you claim tax back for the year worked after being made redundant?

Hi,

Im in a tie, I recently posted a thread to see if anyone knew if I could claim any kind of welfare/allowances whiles doing a full time course of 3 months. It seems I cannot. So just wondering if anyone knows if I can claim my tax back for this year since Im being made redundant half way through? I intend to set up a business if possible after completing my course but that could take a while, im just looking for some help to pay the morgage while I educate myself.....my tax back might tied me over, at least till I finish the course. Ive already cancelled my wedding, and created a budget to try cut back on cost of living, cancelled holidays. Surely the system can meet me 10% the way..not looking for them to PAY my morgage just help!!
Old 23-06-2009, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Can you claim tax back for the year worked after being made redundant?

Yes. You can get a refund. Fill out a form P50. Explain also that you are unlikely to be working in the next three months and they will probably refund you in full for the year.
See here.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/personal/fa....html#section3
Old 23-06-2009, 12:38 PM
LadyCoco

Default Re: Can you claim tax back for the year worked after being made redundant?

Elcato,

Thank you so much, you have no idea how much you have helped me!!!