Newry - Where to buy Laptop

allthedoyles

We hope to go to Newry on a shopping expedition soon . ( first time ever )

Would like to buy a laptop .......and am wondering if anyone knows the best place to buy .

Spending around 500 euro ....spec something like this

• 15.4 inch screen
  • 3GB memory
  • 160 HD storage
  • Webcam
  • Bluetooth

I was looking at laptops in PCWorld, Sprucefield, Lisbon, the other day.
Salesman told me that if I wanted it for the internet I'd be better off buying it down south as I'd be paying for bb at roaming rates.
Something to check out, before you go, perhaps.

I was looking at laptops in PCWorld, Sprucefield, Lisbon, the other day.
Salesman told me that if I wanted it for the internet I'd be better off buying it down south as I'd be paying for bb at roaming rates.

Very strange!! You could buy a laptop in Lapland and you still wouldn't pay roaming charges for BB.

Was he talking about mobile BB modems for laptops? In which case you would but then that wasn't what the OP was asking about.

Some UK companies (Currys and I think PC World) are giving away laptops provided you sign up for a broadband package. Perhaps this is what the salesman was talking about.

A word of caution-we were (unintentionally on our part) signed up for PC insurance in PC World in Sprucefield when buying our PC recently-whether this was a genuine error or an unscrupulous salesperson who took advantage of the fact we weren't 'local' is a moot point-just be sure to check your receipt-we got the first month 'free' and only noticed when our credit card was hit a month later.

No major harm done, other than a £8 charge and a few phone calls and a letter to our cc company, but something you might watch out for if buying in PC World. Other than that, it was a worthwhile trip. Argos stores will carry similar stock to PC World, but the range won't be as extensive.

Some UK companies (Currys and I think PC World) are giving away laptops provided you sign up for a broadband package. Perhaps this is what the salesman was talking about.

I would hope so, otherwise he was talking nonsense.

pansyflower said:

Any laptop/PC bought in NI will be capable of getting internet/broadband in ROI-as long as you have a subscription. No need to worry on that score.

provided you sign up for a broadband package.
Nope, there was no question of new bb package as we have one already.
Now I'm intrigued though, I will have to check it out next time.

PC World and some of the other laptop vendors give you a reduction off the price of a computer if you sign up for broadband when you're buying a computer (this promotion runs from time to time).

Clearly, if you're buying a laptop in UK there is no point in signing up for a UK broadband package if you live in the south.

Back