Key Post It's worth asking MBNA to reduce your Credit Card interest rate

PaddyW

I rang MBNA today about removing my payment protection cover (which for some reason I never noticed I had). They have also reduced my interest rate from 14.9 to 11.9 ! Might be worth ringing them to try get this too!

Re: Mbna

I would avoid MBNA like the plague - their penalties if you miss a payment are extortionate.

Hi PaddyW

I rang MBNA yesterday myself and managed to get my rate down from 16.9 to 10.9, was actually going to post it here as well, but never got around to it, I rang them and just asked them what did I need to do in order to transfer my card to my bank and they asked why, told them I got a better rate.

Regards

Hizzy

Hmm, interesting. I may give them a call back on that. Thanks Hizzy.

Hi PaddyW

More than welcome, they said it was the lowest they could go to. Worth a try.

Regards

Hizzy

transferred balance from mbna to halifax 6 months interest free,when 6 months was nearly up i rang mbna to see if they had any deals on balance transfers an they gave me 3.9 for 9 months, always pays 2 ring and ask...

I would avoid MBNA like the plague - their penalties if you miss a payment are extortionate.
Indeed, if you go over limit for 1 minute they penalise you.

Surprising that they are reducing their interest rate.

Very surprising actually. I didn't even ring up to enquire about it and was offered it anyway.

can I cancel my payment protection cover at any time? if so I will ring them asap

Yes, you can cancel it at anytime. I had to send them a written request to get them to cancel it.

With MBNA its always a bargain and rates depends on the agent who attends us... I was offered a 5.9% rate on balance for 6months, after pestering for few mins they gone down to 3.5% ...... also they reduced my regular cc interest rate to 10.9% from 14.9%...

hmmm theyv been very good with us considering i havnt made the min repayment for 2 mnths i was €50 short & i rang them & they were fine...she said when my account is up to date with no arreers theyl reduce my interest Rate...So Happy Days..well almost!!

Back