Triton Shower Problems during Feeze up

O

Oakkea

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with their Triton T90 SI Shower during the recent cold period. In my shower the pump housing cracked and started leaking, at the time our water had just frozen but we (thought) we had a full tank in the attic so I did not think that taking a shower would cause any issues as it is not a mains feed shower. This part (the pump housing) is only available attached to the motor costing around €100. I have been trying unsuccessfully to source this part second-hand. Just wondering is it worth buying this part new or should I just buy a new Triton shower or is there a better brand of shower out there?? Any plumber’s inputs would be much appreciated please. I was also thinking of putting a thermostatic power shower at other end of shower tray, which is the best option here the rain water version or the ordinary shower head version?And any brand recommendations?. Apologies for the long post.

Triton are a good shower imo. A new shower is likely to cost €250, if it was my money I would buy a new one and have the peace of mind and a 2 year ( I think) warranty.

I experienced the same problem with a neighbours T90 SI shower just before Christmas. The pump body cracked with the frost. Pump and motor assembly has to be purchased together from Eartridge in Maynooth cost €70. It a shame the pump cant be sold seperately as they're easy enough to seperate.

I recently replaced a faulty unit which i found out later was a wiring fault which could easily have been repaired- its sitting in my garage right now. If you want to pm i can give you more details
Dave

Back