Getting First Credit Union Loan

The way I read it is that she is living with her boyfriend who has the mortgage and she has been paying it while he has been out of work.
Op there is plenty of good value out there with regards to cars so why stretch yourself to the 10k. Have a look around at cars and prices and work from there.
If a car is not a necessity and just needed for the evenings/weekends you surely can get buy on something cheaper.

I was looking at a 07 Skoda Octavia in a Skoda Dealership (which i know is gonna be more expensive but was only having a nosey and a test drive) - they were looking €11,250, so probably talking €10,500 or possibly less. With them the 08 models (which there is a big demand for at the minute) with the lower tax could be €13-14k. It works out less to get the 07 model and pay the higher tax than repay the higher loan for the 08 car.

Now I've rang a garage friend of mine and he said he might be able to get me a 07 for €8 or €9k, he'll have to see if he can get his hands on it though!

Its that type of a car I want (Saloon, 1.9 Diesel) and I've done my homework on price, tax & insurance.

The way I read it is that she is living with her boyfriend who has the mortgage and she has been paying it while he has been out of work.
Op there is plenty of good value out there with regards to cars so why stretch yourself to the 10k. Have a look around at cars and prices and work from there.
If a car is not a necessity and just needed for the evenings/weekends you surely can get buy on something cheaper.

Yeah it's his mortgage but its OUR house if you know what I mean. Yes its his name on it but we built it. (I was in college when it was started being built) Most of my CU savings went into kitting out the interior of the house and I've paid for it for the last 9 months. Ive my heart set on a Skoda Octavia (well being honest I've my heart set on a BMW or Audi, but hey lets be realistic!) but I suppose that all depends on what the CU have to say!!

Other posters here are right you do seem to be well organised with your finances however I think it is worth expressing a note of caution - if the house you are living in is in your boyfriend's name and the mortgage is in his name then it is not legally speaking "your" house.

Life isn't all black and white but it is worth thinking about how you can protect your investment in the property i.e. getting you name on the title if not on the mortgage aswell.

I knew someone would mention this!! ha ha ha
I know legally speaking that I have no interest in the house at all. I've been with himself for 6 years at this stage and we both regard the house as OUR house. He paid every mortgage installment until he became unemployed and then I took over, its no biggie. Sure it'll be half mine when we say "I Do" ha ha ha.

I would get a car for 6k max if I was you. Great value on cars.. spent rest on a holiday haha

Back