Did anyone of you open an account with one the biggest german banks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

[broken link removed]

I still think the Euro won't last long. So if I would bet on which country would have the strongest currency I still think Germany is a bit ahead than other countries in Europe.

I was wondering if anyone in this forum ever opened a non-resident account in Germany. :confused:

Thank you!

Godfather- Why would you want to invest in Germany, if I were you I would leave the money in your country of birth!

I firmly believe there is no where secure in Europe at the moment. There is huge discontent out there and I have no idea where it is going to end.

I am so dismayed and upset at what has happened to our vibrant country in recent years, there seems to be no end to the misery that has befallen the people and it is the most distressed and the most vulnerable that appear to be taken or will take the blunt of the cuts. In some forums I read of suicidal people who want to end it all as they have lost all hope, see no future and can't see a way our of the darkness. What upsets me most is the very people who are responsible for this economic and social catastrophe are the very people who are now in the negotiation process with the IMF/ECB/EU Commissioners. Surely the opposition parties should have some say in these talks afterall they will be the ones that will have to impose the austerity measures on Irish people into the future.

I'm sorry for the actual situation in Ireland and I do apologize if my post might hurt some feelings... :(

...But I have to say that due to Public Debt and Deficit-situation Germany appears to be the safest option for any savings in Europe hence why I'm asking...

...I'll never forget when in the late 80s/early 90s Italy had to devalue the currency of 7% against the Deutsche Mark overnight
...And I still believe Euro will disappear one day...

Again I repeat: I'm very sorry if my post might hurt some feelings... My apologies in advance! :(

...I'm just curious if I'm the only one thinking Germany is a bit ahead of other countries certainly ahead of Italy that is still strong part of the "piigs" acronym... :confused:

[broken link removed]

I still think the Euro won't last long. So if I would bet on which country would have the strongest currency I still think Germany is a bit ahead than other countries in Europe.

I was wondering if anyone in this forum ever opened a non-resident account in Germany. :confused:

Thank you!

I would be thinking along the same lines as this in regards to the euro. I feel Germany would be a safer place for one's saving as well if its possible to open a non resident account there so if anyone has some info on this or has successfully opened a non resident account with a german bank, please let us know how to go about this.

Chewchew, thank you so much for the 1st link! It's giving some hope and ryanair flights from Dublin to Hahn-Frankfurt are relatively cheap! :)

Around the 2nd link thank you again: I have to say that that link for BCommercial was so great I had to add it to the "Best Buy Foreign Accounts" thread I previously created as well. :)

THANK YOU!!!

[broken link removed]
This "news" is dated 2006 if i am not mistaken...loads of things have change since. If you believe that euro will end, then you may better off investing/depositing your money in a non EU country.

Thank you Chewchew!

Hi Bacchus, why sorry? No other european economy seems strong like Germany and France. Anyway we would go back to the country-fluctuations and the Deutsche Mark would recover very quickly... :confused:

I've been reading these threads a while and they seem to be veering off the point which is has anybody successfully opened a deposit a/c online in any other EU country except for Keytrade. If they have can they give the detail please particularly for a German Bank.

Hi, Keytrade is in Belgium which is at risk as well (I was reading the map on sunday times yesterday). Some people opened with Barclays France and France is very secure.

Thanks for that Godfather. Just a couple of questions if you have time:
- Do you have to travel to Germany to open it?
- If so do you need documents signed by a notary or such as per previous posts?

Thank you Chewchew!

Hi Bacchus, why sorry? No other european economy seems strong like Germany and France. Anyway we would go back to the country-fluctuations and the Deutsche Mark would recover very quickly... :confused:

If the euro goes down, all Europe will be in deep problem. Germany and France might sound strong, but you have to consider that both German and French banks are quite exposed in Greece and Ireland therefore they won't escape the economic mess. If I had the choice I would go with a USD account in America on the basis that if the euro goes down the USD will be the main currency for trading for a while.

Apologies for going off thread a bit but what does anyone think of this article?.

Sorry, don't know how to get article copied and pasted; it's from
Money and markets, Mon 29th, "New phase of debt crisis";
it has a lot of
references to Ireland which are very worrying and the fact that Patrick Houlihan has started to sound a bit like Brian Cowen makes me worry all the more.

Thanks perplexed, good to know where to find someone English speaking, however the real question which hasn't been confirmed yet is whether you can open a non-resident account (so obviously won't have bills/proof of address) without having to travel.
And is there a definitive, guraranteed to work list of things you need to have with you if travelling over there?
Thanks in anticipation
S

I called Deutsche Bank yesterday and girl told me all I have to do is go to a Branch (in Germany) with Passport and they will open an a/c. Anybody else called them or done this?

Thank you so much Perplexed! I'm still waiting for an answer from my contact but she told me that there are lots of similar requests so I'm the queue for an answer!!!

Contact

I have a good contact in Germany who is Irish and I will ask him for advice for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back