320D or 318D

regvw

Hi All,
I'm trying to see what the differences are between the 318d and 320d

is one simply a 2 litre and one a 1.8.

Do people have any preferences or reasons why one is better or worse than the other

Thanks

Iv a 320d and a family member has one year newer 318d. This family member drove ours one day and said he couldnt believe the power in mine. My husband then drove his and our was much more powerful in having power to take off. The bhp is different, buy the 320d for the extra power and torque.

they is €1-€2K differ in the same year between the 320d and 318d. The dealerships have a glut of 318d at the moment as we looking for a 320d all summer, they'll tell you no difference if they only 318d in stock. There attitude sours immediately when one points they is, that you'v driven both.

(the only issue Iv with my 320d is the back seat doesnt go down, funny in previous cars Iv had you may use the back seat down once/twice a year but when you cant do it you'd miss it like when buying a large canvas, kids new boxed bike etc)....

thanks Sandals, I think I should bring out both for a test drive. Do you know what bhp each one is

318 2008-2012 143bhp
320D 2008 -2012 177bhp
320D fantastic power and more economical than most cars half it's size

Same engine in both cars I believe except the turbo's and intercoolers are different.
The 325d & 330d available in the UK is also worth considering. 6 cyl engine and over 200bhp and 240bhp respectively. 318d is a bit gutless IMO and will be spec'd poorly more often than not.

Back