Reduced payment question

ellenb

I am due back with CU in morning and budget still showing no affordability.
Mabs advised CU are likely to decide in whether to sell off to debt agency or court at this stage. Have been is deals for years due to DH being made redundant and my hours cut drastically. Not been able to pay anything since I lost my job altogether late last year.
If I was to offer to pay 20 euro a month now with a view to increasing this in 6 months, would this stall things or is that simply too little to bother waiting? There is a possibility of work for DH early next year, not guaranteed but....want to avoid judgement etc if we can. Just wish things were different.

I am due back with CU in morning and budget still showing no affordability.
Mabs advised CU are likely to decide in whether to sell off to debt agency or court at this stage. Have been is deals for years due to DH being made redundant and my hours cut drastically. Not been able to pay anything since I lost my job altogether late last year.
If I was to offer to pay 20 euro a month now with a view to increasing this in 6 months, would this stall things or is that simply too little to bother waiting? There is a possibility of work for DH early next year, not guaranteed but....want to avoid judgement etc if we can. Just wish things were different.
...........................................................................................
If the amount is small Cu unlikely to go for judgment.
If you show unaffordability, yet are prepared to pay 20 for now until things improve I don,t see a judge readily granting judgment .

Need more info to advise, but try the above.

Good luck.

Back