Cost of putting house on market

Esme

Hi

I have just moved away and am renting a house. I also own a property for which I cannot get a tenant. I am thinking of putting it on the market.

I am wonder if it costs money to do that, as I haven't a bean?

Esme

When I sold my house earlier this year I gave the EA €400 to cover MyHome, photos, advertising & other costs. When the house was sold I was refunded maybe €100 of that against the 1.2% sale price fee.

depends on the estate agent- some will put up no daft for free, and stick sign up. if you want to advertise on my home or in papers they will charge you.

cheapo option ring around EAs and ask ! - you genertally only pay the commission when you sell.

EAs generally charge a fee for preparing brochures, advertising, signs, etc. and also take a percentage of the sale price. There is usually some scope to negotiate, and you might negotiate a commission-only deal, or you might make a deal under which fees are payable only after a sale has been effected.

Talk to a number of EAs operating in your area, and discuss terms with them. Remember that cheapest is not always best.

Back