Accounting Career

tricktricky

Hi,
In 3rd of college and doing Business Studies in Accounting in C.I.T. I would like to know should I apply for an accounting body e.g ACA,ACCA,CPA,CIMA when this year is finished or should I head on to do the fourth year. There is not much difference in the exemptions for the years. What Im really asking is do you think there is possibilities of getting a job with a 3 year degree or is a 4th year degree necessary? Cheers

Hi,
In 3rd of college and doing Business Studies in Accounting in C.I.T. I would like to know should I apply for an accounting body e.g ACA,ACCA,CPA,CIMA when this year is finished or should I head on to do the fourth year. There is not much difference in the exemptions for the years. What Im really asking is do you think there is possibilities of getting a job with a 3 year degree or is a 4th year degree necessary? Cheers

Their is so many people going into accounting now. I would do the 4th year as you have plenty of time to join an accountancy body.

The more education you can get now the better.

It might be a question in interview in due course of why did you not do year 4 if had option, employers see that you are serious and by doing the full 4 years- better chance of you being successfull in accounting exams and might choose a person for job who they see will be around for full training contract

A 4 year degree is better than the 3 year degree. I think you should finish until the 4th year for you to be able to find a high paying job after your graduation.

There wont be a high paying job for a trainee regardless of 3 or 4 years degree.

If you do decide to go for the 3 year option and apply now be careful of who you send your CV to! Reason being that many firms will not look at your CV a second time! (Just in case you decided to test the market)

Also, at the end of the day when you get your professional exams you wont be relying on your degree!

Best of luck.

Thanks very much Jack, ive decided to go straight to the exams after the 3rd year as il be qualified quicker and ive heard from people that the quicker u qualify the better.

cheers

Back