Remortgage or topup.

S

stapeler

Hi. I have an UlsterBank mortgage, 35K outstanding & 9.5 years left on a house valued at 400k. I recently applied for a top up of 50K to extend the house (new drive etc) from Ulster Bank which was approved. When I mentioned planning permission was received they requested invoices, architect signatures for staged payments etc.... Architects has quoted 1.5K to 2K and I feel this is too much considering the work involved. Question...Would it be easier to switch mortgage as UB are so rigid and eliminate all the grief.... What should I expect to pay in fees and has anybody any recommendations. Thankyou

tell them you are not interested in stage payments and would be more than happy to take your business else where if they dont want it.

Re: Remortgage or topup/ Solicitor fees

Hi,

we are in a situation whereby we initially borrowed e180k. subsequently we paid off lump sum e50k & reduced term accordingly. 3 yrs later we now wish to remortgage & increase by e30k. We have been told by the bank we will be required to go through a solicitor(and pay the fees AGAIN!!) for land registery/folio etc.
Would the initialy registery/folio not stand as we are still applying to borrow below the original mortgage sanctioned?

Back