Ticket for parking a commercial vehicle in a loading bay

Deimos

Hello, I'd appreciate some advice please.
Earlier today I received a ticket for parking my car derived van in a loading bay for 10 minutes.
The guy who gave me the ticket said that it was because my car is taxed privately.
I also use it privately so as a law abiding citizen I tax it accordingly, essentially doubling the tax bill for the year (thank you Green party).
I called DLR parking office and they told me that under law only a commercially taxed vehicle maybe parked in a loading bay for up to 30 minutes, they argee that the timelimit is not in dispute. I asked them to clarify which law and they where unable to do so.
Can this be correct?

BTW the east link toll bridge charges me full commercial rates....
I love this country I really do!

Parking fine

Regret to hear about your fine- just wondering how your accountant allows you full motor tax in business if you are using it for commercial- one would expect you pay the commercial tax. Council appear correct, so can't imagine any issue there...

The council are right, only commercially taxed vehicles can use them.

I taxed it privately as I also use it privately (handy for putting my mountain bike in the back at weekends).
This was my understanding of the law, if you use it even once a year in a non commercial capacity then you should tax it privately.
I must be the only schmuck in this country who taxes their van as they use it......

Thanks for the replies.

I has a van that is privately taxed, I don't have a business so private tax.

I am well aware that the dispensation for commercials does not apply to me.

There are at least two schmucks in the country. I too have a van that I use for commercial purposes 99% of the time but of occasion I use it for private purposes. I taxed it privately too for the same reason as Deimos. It seems I've gotten away so far when using loading bays when doing deliveries (5+ years).

Thanks for the heads-up.

Back