Grey or Ivory Grout?

UnaS

The tilers are arriving tomorrow to put down my new cream porcelain tiles in the hall. I have bought grey grout but now i think it would take away from the WOW factor! I bought grey because i knew it was be easier to keep clean. Someone told me I should have got ivory grout but i hear it hard to clean if it gets stained..... any advice would be much appreciated as need to tell the tilers before tomorrow so i can buy different grout.
Stick with Grey or get Ivory? Maybe there is some other type of grout the would look well with cream tiles?

Re: Grey or Ivory Grout??

how about no grout?? butt the tiles together, make the tiler earn his money....

Ivory :D

We have cream porcelain tiles too. We like the tile to be the focus of attention, not the grid pattern made by the grout, so we chose a grout colour that wouldn't be obvious. Guess it's a matter of taste, though...

You can get grouting pens to touch up stained grout - so go for ivory and wow the visitors!!

we have cream porcelain tiles with ivory grout in hall and dining room. The hall grout is still pretty good as everyone seems to come in through the back door. Dining room - not so good, 2 young kids, constant spillages. Even moping stains the grout, absolutely lovely to look at, but not at all practical. Defo going to try out these grout pens!

The grey grout is the easiest colour to go for and does look well.
Ask the tiler what spacers he (or she) is using, my advise is use nothing greater than 2mm.
The option of going for the ivory grout is a runner but you must seal the grout line.
I believe the sealers can be expensive though!

Last edited:
Make sure that you go for small spacings between the tiles. The grout is less noticeable and the tiles look much better

Sealing does not always work to keep stains out.

IMO grey looks better than dirty ivory, which is what it will be in the hallway (the room with most traffic in the house).

I used light coloured grout in my bathroom floor - and sealed it - big mistake, never looked clean after the first week, and I wish I had used grey.

USing the smallest spacers is a good idea.

IMO life is too short to be constantly touching up ivory grout just to wow the visitors who frankly won't notice and won't care.

But that's just my opinion :D

Light grey grout with very small spaces between. Looks much better than ivory. Just make sure you ask for the light grey, some of the darker ones look very "concretey"

Got cream tiles in my kitchen and the very concientious tiler refused to use the grey grout I'd bought and insisted on me getting ivory. He spaced the tiles really closely together and it looks great. Haven't had any problems with staining yet (fingers crossed!)

We used gRey in hall, but used ivory in an on suite and bathroom. Sorry now ,we did not use grey throughout. Ivory gets dirty too easily and is a pain to maintain. Toss a coin ! Ok best of 3 then !!!

Secman

Back