Weetabix are 3.5c each in Lidle (72 pack). Normally >10c each in Dunnes etc

Sorry to be nosy, but why do you need so much variety? Does everyone in your house like a different cereal? Would it not be easier to say have what's cheapest (and healthest) and that's it. You must be exhausted looking for the cheapest of each of these on a continuous basis.

My current stock of cereal includes:
Cheerios
Rice Crispies
Lidl Rice Crispies
Lidl Bran Flakes
Lidl Corn Flakes (Lidl do pretty good own brand cereal)
Lidl Weetabix (too messy, don't get them out often)
Tesco Malt Wheats
and some Shredded Wheat for my occasional afternoon snack
I've tried to get the children to eat porridge a few times but to no avail.

Since I lack space, only 2 boxes are allowed open at one time.

Fortunately, 2 of the children actually like the "crunchy bits at the bottom" so we don't have to have that row!

Like AJ, it's own brand only in this house except for half price or BOGOF when the back kitchen gets filled up. Also, some of the own brands are a bit lower in sugar.

I think I must look up shares in cereal companies. We have only two in our house, porridge for Mon to Fri (compulsory for kids until they leave my house) and Weetabix (not compulsory) for the weekend as I no longer do breakfast on the weekends for the kids unless it's scrambled egg, muffins etc or a fry when we have the luxury of Irish rashers, which apparently are not Irish but come from elsewhere.

update on cheapest milk:

[broken link removed] in Clondalkin village, Dublin are selling 2l of milk for €1. I didnt look to see where it is coming from though.

Aldi do 36 Wheat Bisks for 2.09. I only eat porridge but OH likes Weetabix. He didn't like Lidl's own brand but finds Aldi to be fine.

Maybe two weeks ago there was a deal on Weetabix, buy a 48-pack, get 50% free, i.e. same size as a 72-pack.

It was 5.71 in Tesco and Centra, I stocked up, as 72-packs are usually 7 euro approx.

Then saw it for 4.39 in Lidl!!!

Ajapale, Cheerios are half price in Dunnes at the moment if you want to stock up! They also have Rice Crispies and Cornflakes BOGOF but that one ends tomorrow.

Ajapale, Cheerios are half price in Dunnes at the moment if you want to stock up!

Thanks, I saw that but I have 5 large boxes since the last offer €3.09/kg and the kids are only allowed high sugar cereals at the weekend so they will be a while working through them.

update on cheapest milk:

[broken link removed] in Clondalkin village, Dublin are selling 2l of milk for €1. I didnt look to see where it is coming from though.

What does it taste like ? I have come to the conclusion that cheap milk is pointless if it also tastes of plastic (which is how expensive Dunnes milk tastes to me).
I now go to Marks and Spencers and pick up 2 Litres for 1.49 Euro. One thing about M&S I noticed is they never compromise on quality therefore for the same 1.49 as anywhere else their milk is far superior in taste. You really have to taste it to appreciate it in my opinion.
M&S also have ''bargain corner'' type yellow stickers often with some great deals on very high quality products. I always get my bread there too now once it's yellow stickered. I just picked up 3 Litres of Milk in M&S Yellow stickered for the price of 2 Litres i.e 1.49 Euro. And it actually tastes milky. Like real milk.

Check the nutritional values. I was buying the dunnes own brand rice crispies over the Kellogs as they were cheaper and taste the same to the kids until I saw there was nearly twice as much sugar in them!

Proper branded weetabix in Lidl not the fake bix you sometimes see in Tescos, lidl and aldi.

Back