M&S Dine in 2 for €12.50 offer

Celtwytch

I walked through M&S at lunchtime and noticed signs on door indicating the welcome return of this offer. I only noticed it on the way out, so have no idea what dishes are on offer.

Celtywytch, it varies every 2 weeks, but I have to say well worth it. All the fab M&S quality at a fraction of the price and some yummy wine to boot!. Just be sure when you are at the checkout that if you are getting more than one dine for 2 offer and other shopping that you have them separated correctly. I ended up paying more before Christmas for this very reason and being in a hurry didnt help.

For a Friday evening treat its well worth it!

Yes- I've done it a few times and it is terrific value - probably not quite as cheap as doing it all yourself but, there are days..................

My only problem is that I end up buying other things as well - which of course is the object of the exercise.

mf

I know - I love it! I got an entire chicken in that offer before Christmas, and that alone was priced at €9 or thereabouts. Getting a side dish, a dessert and juice (instead of the wine) for the extra €3.50 was excellent value.

Interesting point, Mers1, about what happens if buying more than 1 meal deal. I would have thought that their tills could recognise the offer and price accordingly, but this is obviously not the case. I haven't had a problem when buying a single meal along with other shopping - the deductions were made. Shall have to watch my receipts if buying a couple of meals.

I saw it last night. They definitely had chickens, also gammon. Can't remember what other meat dishes. Loads of sides, desserts included ricotta cheesecake slices, apple pie and melting chocolate pudding.

As an aside, I have found lots of M&S stuff to be cheaper than the main supermarkets lately. Bagels are at least 20c cheaper per pack of 5 than Tesco, a litre of mixer (soda, tonic, ginger ale etc) was less than 50c, almost half the price of other supermarkets. Loose fruit and veg is well priced too.

M&S gave out vouchers recently for 7 euro off food if you spend 35 or more so bought 3 of these for 30.50.!!!

I got the chicken with pesto/mozzerella & spinach last night and it was delicious! Also got the new potatoes and apple pie. Wanted to get the OJ instead of the wine but they didn't have any but offered me a box of mint chocolates instead. It was all fab.

Would like if they would do it without the wine though as I don't drink much at home so would rather not include it.

I had the chicken, roasted veg & fruit salad. All delicious.

And I love the way wine comes with the offer!

Okay guys you have convinced me. Didn't know you could get other goods if not availing of the wine...

I love M&S Pepperoni pizzas, Oakham chickens, double gloustershire cheese. Making myself hungry now....

Not sure when it will be back on again - I just noticed it that day. Although if they follow what they did before Christmas and do it every second weekend, then that would suggest that it would be happening this weekend. If anyone is near an M&S today perhaps they can report on whether or not it's on.

Just rang Mary Street there and the lady i spoke too said she thinks it's on this weekend (thursday to sunday). I'll be popping down at lunch so i'll let y'all know if it's on!

Hi all,
offer is on, some lasagne, sea bass, meatballs and potatoe sides. Unlucky for me i was refused at the till because i had no id for the wine, i'm 26! Back after work to try again.

i know they have to follow the rules but i was so angry! i mean what 17 year old trying to buy drink also buys fish, meatballs and salad!! anyway that's a bit off topic, they wine does look lovely, pinot grigio and a sicilian redwine that i haven't tried before so looking forward to it if i ever get my hands on it!

Hi all,
offer is on, some lasagne, sea bass, meatballs and potatoe sides. Unlucky for me i was refused at the till because i had no id for the wine, i'm 26! Back after work to try again.

I get that all the time.. even for cigarettes that I buy for other people - my mam, my brothers etc. I'm 26 and they still ask for ID. Kinda annoying when I can see the wrinkles myseld!

Success second time round anyway, sea bass, meatballs, broccoli and asparagus in a caeser dressing, dauphinoise potatoes, fruit tarts, lemon pie and two bottles of wine for €25, bargain! and no mention of id

Unlucky for me i was refused at the till because i had no id for the wine, i'm 26! Back after work to try again.
Could you have offered to pay by credit card? Have to be over 18 to have a credit card and could have saved a return trip (if you have one).

Back