Permanent TSB Direct debits

A

aceman67

I have a business account with PTSB and had a monthly DD setup with a comapany a few months ago. The first month the dd didnt leave my account, i left it till the next month and again it didnt come out. Each time the company name dd and zero amount showed up on my online banking. When i spoke to PTSB, they told me the comapny had setup the dd incorrectly with a zero balance. I rang them and got it set up again and this month, same thing 0 came out. I contacted PTSB today and have now been advised that i am forbidden from having a dd on my account because i have had some returned dd's etc. Can they do this or has anyone else had this problem

You cannot set-up a dd with a zero balance. The company must advise you in advance of the date and the amount that they intend to collect. Are you sure this is not a standing order.

The company had advised me of the date and amount and obviously notified the bank, but PTSB decided to reject it, even though i have cleared funds in my account, i was just wondering had anyone ever had the same problem,where a bank had not allowed someone set up a dd . There is no cost to the bank,if the funds are not there,it just doesnt go out.

The company dont notify the Bank of the date and amount, they only advise you the payer. As to why PTSB returned the DD that a matter between you and PTSB. There is a cost to the bank if they have to return the DD to the originator.

I totally understand what you are saying. The cost to the bank for a returned dd would be passed on to me anyway as a customer as i know,so i just dont understand why they would prevent me from setting up a dd, it would be like if they prevented me from writing cheques. The point is they wont engage with you on anything these days and you cant speak to the local branch anymore, the Manager has now to ask for permission to do the simplest of tasks,so he \she has no function really other than manage staff which they are trying to get rid of anyway. A simple email or some sort of contact in the event of a dd not being setup would be great, i have been going around in cirlcles for months with this and blaming the company who was trying to take the money,as the bank advised me it was their fault each time it was rejected until yesterday

Back