Rover 45- good buy?

Jane Doe

Any comments on the rover 45 1.4 ? 02 reg 18 months nct for 2500? Is that a good deal?

Have a read [broken link removed]

Sourcing spare parts might be a bit of a problem too

If you search on Carzone.ie for cars between 1000 euro and 2,999 euro you'll find a lot of choice. I wouldn't buy the Rover because it wasn't considered to be a particularly good or reliable car in its day and as another poster has said, parts availablilty may be a problem. You may also have difficulty selling it on in a few years.

If you're buying from a dealer, try and buy from one that has a decent trading history and is an SIMI member. SIMI membership, while not perfect, will give you another option if there is a problem with the car that the dealer is unwilling to help with.

If you google the dealer name in question along with the word 'problems' you might come across more info on them.

Avoid IMO also. As mentioned, possible problems with parts too.

You could however look at the similarly shaped but slightly older Honda Civic saloon. Far superior car and plenty of bargains around too.

Rovers are quite simply horrid!! Tatty trim, dated, plasticky interiors, bits that fall off and dodgy electrics. It doesn't matter what engine and gear-box they are fitted with. They are a hunk-of-junk.

Would stay away from a petrol rover but the diesel 75 is a great car. I had one for a year and sold it to my brother who has for almost 3 years. It has 170000miles on the clock and he is not the type of guy who will service it regular (if he has serviced it at all I would be surprised).

Just passed the MOT in the north and he spent about £150. Just refuses to die. Very comfortable car and a good trim level in them.

I couldn’t recommend them enough. But wouldn’t take a petrol one as a present.

There is good reason why Rover no longer exist...didn't sell enough cars...and why...well they weren't very good.
Avoid

I could not recommend. Stick to the common brands. Better chance of spare parts.

Back