Nationwide UK Ireland launched Regular Saver account today... 4% APR.

Thanks CiaranT, so I can just transfer money back out from the NUK reg saving acc into my PTSB current account?

Yes.

With regards to KBC, I went into them a couple months ago, and they said that in order to get my money out of the reg saving account that I would need to set up a current account with them.

Not correct. You were misinformed. To do an electronic withdrawal you need a KBC current account. However, you can do a manual in branch withdrawal without having a current account with KBC.

Thanks CiaranT for clearing that up. I really appreciate it and all the advice in the other threads.

Sorry for stupid question I swear I goggled and can't find answer. If I transfer 1000 a month for 15 months does that mean I will get 15000" 0.04= 600 interest then you pay dirt on that? Thanks in advance . I only normally deposit lump sums and that sb how interest is calculated not sure how it's done monthly.

Sorry for stupid question I swear I goggled and can't find answer. If I transfer 1000 a month for 15 months does that mean I will get 15000" 0.04= 600 interest then you pay dirt on that? Thanks in advance . I only normally deposit lump sums and that sb how interest is calculated not sure how it's done monthly.

Well over the 15 months you have the average of nil (day one) and 15,000 (month 15) in your account so the interest is half what your calc above, more or less.

Well over the 15 months you have the average of nil (day one) and 15,000 (month 15) in your account so the interest is half what your calc above, more or less.

Cheers mate , so basically 300 quid then lose 41% to dirt sobyour left with 180 quid interest kinda sucks , dirt tax is a joke at that level hardly worth moving money about. This country screw you whatever way they can.

Back