cancelling holiday / Travel Insurance

Concert

Myself and husband due to travel on Sept., 3rd but looking very unlikely due to very difficult situation at home with 93 year old elderly mother. She has completely lost her mind over last few days and is a danger to herself and others. presently she is in our house and the situation is dreadful. She refuses to go to bed and when we finally get her upstairs (at 3am) she spends the rest of night walking in and out of our room half naked. I cant get her to go for blood tests which are needed before a nursing home will take her for respite, which she is also refusing. Do you think we will be entitled to cancel our holiday and get reimbursed because of this situation. We are both exhausted as she always was a very demanding and contrrolling woman. I am an only child btw so nobody else to share the care with ?

To answer your question, depending on the policy conditions, I would say you have grounds for a claim and refund. A full comprehensive medical report will have to be had before a claim is submitted.

Back