How Long for decision from Pensions Ombudsman

gimp

Anyone know how Long for a decision from Pensions Ombudsman
I have made a complaint to them which is a pretty straight forward one i think and should not be hard to make a decision on. Its a pretty much they are right or they are not right decision.
Just need to know how long it might take

Based on my experience it took over 2 years for them to give a determination. Then again the issue wasn't straight forward. Initially the PO worked on it quickly but as it got more detailed they slowed up. I put in the original complaint in Feb 2011 and got the determination in July 2013. Just keep respectfully following up with them.

Unfortunately the PO is understaffed and extremely busy due to the high number of complaints it is currently dealing with. It was so busy last year that when a person rang their offices's no one would answer and you would have to leave a voice-mail. 149oaks experience is a typical time frame for decision/ruling to be make. Great advice 149oaks, always be "respectful"

Thanks guys will do as suggested and respectfully follow up after a while........

Just for the benefit of others in the same situation
I submitted everything by email and I got a request for further information approx 1 week after submitting my complaint and less than 10 days after submitting the extra information I got a response/reply to my complaint in writing.
While the result was not what i expected/wanted I must admit it was handled very quickly and efficiently.
My complaint was relatively straight forward so maybe not all complaints are handled so quickly.
But must say dealing with the Ombudsmans Office was a pleasure compared to some public bodies.

I hope anyone else has as quick a response.

Back