Thinking of Switching!

Mumtoe&e

We are currently thinking about switching mortgage company, not sure where to start!
We are with EBS at the moment, I find them awful!
We recently went to them looking for either 3mths break or 3mths interest only, it was a no to both!
We are with them 8 years, and this was the first time we asked them for anything, never missing a repayment
My husband is in full time employment, I am going to college starting in septemeber!

We are now thinking about switching - is it an easy enough process?
How much does it cost (legal fees) to switch?
Which is the best bank to go to?
Also, is switching bank like starting from scratch with the whole mortgage application process? Waiting for approval etc?

Thanks

We are now thinking about switching - is it an easy enough process?
How much does it cost (legal fees) to switch?
Which is the best bank to go to?
Also, is switching bank like starting from scratch with the whole mortgage application process? Waiting for approval etc?

Thanks

It will be pretty much the same process as when you applied for your first mortgage.

Depends on the solicitor but €1000 all in deals are not uncommon (but you may pay more for a better service). Some banks also offer free legal fees or a contribution towards your legal fees. BOI if you go direct, ICS if under 50% loan to value (through a broker), KBC if under 60% loan to value.

Best bank will depend on whether you just want the best rate or whether you want them to pay for your legal fees.

It is like starting from scratch so application forms, payslips, P60, bank statements etc will be required.

[broken link removed]

It is like starting all over again..I moved mine after 1 year from first active to ebs.. (that was due to issues with broker rather than first active). Thats nearly 9 yrs back...the solicitor completed all relevant transfers for 300 euro, but probably much higher now.. many ad's on papers for this.. probably best to see what your current solicitor would do it for.

Ensure you dont have a fixed rate mortgage as you may incur penalty.

Back