Separated - deeds into sole name

B

Bumblebee

Hi
I have separated. Mortgage is staying in joint names as I cannot put mortgage in my own name as I am not working. Current mortgage is 45K. Deeds are in joint names and went to bank and asked for letter stating that they have no problem with putting deeds into my own name and leaving the mortgage in joint names.
The bank has now come back and said that we have to reapply for mortgage, in joint names even though we are separated and even though our current mortgage is in joint names. Can any1 advise why this is and I am totally confused with it. Why are we reapplying for something we already have. Also is this going to cost me a lot more with my solicitor, he currently gave me price for legal separation which would include putting deeds into my own name once he got letter from bank. Am I going to have to pay a lot more by applying for a new joint mortgage with my ex husband. Help?

Hi Bumblebee,
I'm about to approach my bank regarding taking my name of the deeds of the house I have with my ex as he is going to take over the repayments and I'm aware I will have to stay on the mortgage. I have no idea why u would have to reapply for a mortgage? I would really like some advice on this one also!

Back