Are AIB very slow with mortgage approval?

Soontobewed

Hi all

Are AIB very slow with mortgage approval?

applied to BOI and AIB 1 month ago, at same time, using a broker , provided same paperwork etc

2 weeks later, BOI approved, but still nothing from AIB , over a month now.

Broker said that AIB have told him that they are weeks behind on paperwork.

is this typical of AIB ?
thanks

No, AIB are one of the quicker lenders to approve as they do on site visits (depending on the broker) so can give an approval in principle immediately.
There is actually a backlog at BOI at the moment.

strange,

we got MAIP in jan from both AIB and BOI , but it was dependent on the GF being made permanent , which she was in may .

we sent in all the docs to both BOI and AIB , BOI came back by 2 weeks, AIB a month later have not sent anything back.

dont know what to think!

As your original AIP had expired, both lenders would have underwritten your case from scratch again. Lending criteria has changed since Jan so the fact you were approved back in Janauary is no guarantee you will still be approved now.
AIB have changed their lending criteria to a greater extent than BOI.
You still should have heard back by now though.

Its taking 5 working days for me to get clients approval - Any more and you should be calling the bank / broker

AIB gave me approval in 3 days. BOI after 5 working days (a whole week!) got back to me and asked me for more information which I had already supplied, total ten days. BOI also offered less than AIB.

Hi, depends on how you apply to them. i.e. if you apply to a branch it can be slow. But if you apply through a broker that has access to a remote underwriter approval should take just a couple of days. It is worth getting approval from AIB as they have the best rates.

Hi soontobewed, I have submitted loads of applications to both AIB & BOI on behalf of clients. AIB are usually quite quick if you apply through a broker, I usually hvae a decision in 3 days max. 1 month is way out! BOI are quite slow at the minute but are taking 5 days max! Hope you get your reply soon :)

Back