He paid for home.

sorry man computer glitch- meant to finish as he no choice now but the courts ?as she never gonna make offer!

This thread is unfortunately beginning to take on shades of something on A N Other board - misplaced / misused / missing punctuation, txt spk, 'man', 'ya', all that's missing is 'bud', 'mate' and 'pal'; we already have the misogynistic undercurrent masquerading as fact.

If he has paid everything, and has put his entire redundancy into the mortgage and is now left with little in the bank.. and she has had a high paying job all the time then she might have loads of money in the bank... does this improve the mans situation if she does and admits it?

Surely if she's getting half their house he can get half 'their' savings?

But what if she hasn't saved anything and has spent all her money on shoes?... does he have any entitlement to half the shoes?, or since they're all 'her' shoes would she get to keep the 100,000 worth of shoes (or jewelry etc) and also get half the house?

Or would it be (for example) that the shoes are 100K and the house is 250K so the total is 350K.. which gives 175K each, so she gets the shoes and only 75K from the house?

What if 'shoes' above is changed for 'jewelry'?.. jewelry can be re-sold for money, whereas shoes can't I don't think.

just in case anyone wondering i am not the man in question i am one of his best mates and the reason i am doing ths is cos she also took the home computer!

Joke. Someone somewhere is having a laugh.

Tell her to use the home computer to get onto AAM.

If he has to go through the courts and is still without a job then he would be perfectly entitled to request spousal maintenance. For calculation purposes it could more than likely be offset against any child maintenance that may be due.

If he is unemployed and his wife is in a full time position then he would do well to take care of the children while she is in work. There should be no need for any childcare costs being incurred just because his wife has moved out.

I feel you're not getting the full picture here & this is definitely in the wrong forum!

Froggy reading between the lines,were you having an affair with your mates wife!!!???And the two of you are planning to run away to another country!?

Did the wife know about the money he was getting? Did she know he was intending to pay off the mortgage?

Might not have any bearing if it went to court, but it looks like she knew about this and had it planned. If not then a huge coincidence.

Back