Best option for joint current/savings account

MoneyNovice

Hi,
My fiancee and I are looking to open a joint account and save €1,500 per month for our wedding in October next year. We will both keep our individual current and savings accounts. I have reviewed the best buys section of this website and also itsyourmoney.ie. As far as I can see, most regular savers are limited to €1,000 per month and some banks do not allowed joint saving accounts. With DIRT so high and interest rates so low, we might just only open a joint current account which we could also pay our rent out of. Permanent TSB allows free banking if €1,500 is lodged in our current account every month and this is what we are leaning towards assuming joint accounts are allowed (not clear on their website). We will probably buy a house next year so we will need a joint current account anyway for the mortgage payments.

Are there better options out there for joint savings/current account or any other recommendations? Thanks!

Why not both open a regular saver with Nationwide UK and lodge €750 a month into each?

Thanks for the reply. Yep that would yield higher interest but we will be making regular withdrawals over the next year to pay for different items and we also just want one joint account for both us.

KBC allow joint accounts with their regular saver product and unlimited withdrawals. This might be the best option for your requirements.

KBC offering 4.5 % interest on their regular saver account at the moment if you open a current account with them. Offer only available until september. Max 1000 a month but you can open one in individual name as well as joint.

KBC offering 4.5 % interest on their regular saver account at the moment if you open a current account with them. Offer only available until september. Max 1000 a month but you can open one in individual name as well as joint.

With lots of T&C's attached. Fee paying current account obligatory. No cash banking services. Bonus part of the rate expires 30 June 2015. Offer only applies to new regular saver accounts. Minor extra interest payment over the 9 months.

No worth it when PTSB offer free current accounts subject to an easy to meet waiver.

Back