Dublin to Paris Monthly Travel - Total Annual Cost

Guru

I am wondering if I were to travel to Paris from Dublin on a monthly basis for the next year for 3 or 4 days each time what would be the cheapest method to buy the tickets? Do airlines offer block ticket discounts or something similar? Charles De Gaulle or Beauvais are fine.

Thanks.

Don't think anyone offers discounts, your best bet would possibly be to check out Air France miles and book with them, but obviously you would need to check the benefits of the miles against how much you might save by flying Ryanair or Aer Lingus.

No deals for this type of thing, just book as you go - timing it for the sales when they are there ... There's no need to book way in advance (apart from Christmas and the height of summer), just don't leave it to the last minute

You say you're ambivalent between Beauvais and CDG .. I know CDG is awful, but if you're going to and from Central Paris it's a lot handier than Beauvais (and you've a lot more options to get to/from the airport if there's a problem) .. if you have to do the same journey every week you need to minimise the pain as much as possible.

Consider the frequent flyer aspect and lounge access which can be very useful in terms of delays etc... if you're travelling that frequently you should be able to get Gold Circle status on Aer Lingus or equivalent of Air France .. neither are going to be amazing but makes the journey a bit more comfortable if you can use the lounge / priority check in etc.

Also consider the timetable ... Ryanair has only 2 flights a day I think to Beauvais - the flight back looks to be very late at night - that really wouldn't be great ... Air France/Cityjet have the most frequent flights - however with the Cityjet sale by Air France the long term status here may change.

I am just back from Paris and went to CDG with Air France. Arriving to CDG was an experience in itself but it is straight forward when you get used to it and the RER train brought me directly to Paris without any hassle.

Beauvais is the Ryanair airport and the flight times are very unsuitable but if the price is right...

Will keep an eye out regularly for any deals.

I read now that your'e talking about monthly , rather than weekly ... I think my advice still stands, but obviously Beauvais once a month may be more tolerable than every Friday night at 10.30pm !

I also notice that both Ryanair and Aer Lingus have increased the basic costs of their flights significantly to practically all destinations. It some cases it is cheaper to go on a package holiday now than a DIY. Once a month for Beauvais is fine but as ED says late evening flights are a "dog" and Ryanair have a lot of these.

Back