Accommodation in Lanzarote with special needs son

emmt

Has anyone got any suggestions for an apartment location in Puerto del Carmen? I'm going from July 30 to August 6 with Down Syndrome 27 year old.

Looking for one bedroom apartment close enough to the strip as he doesn't walk too far - close enough to the strip to go to bars/ restaurants but not so close to be noisy. Decent size swimming pool.

Anyone got any suggestions? Already checked other threads but cant find anything for high functioning special needs adult.

Thanks in advance

The apartaments fariones, part of fariones hotels These apartments seem popular, I know a couple of families with special needs kids who used them down through the years. They seemed very open to special requests.

Hi Clamball. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I was looking at the Fariones. They look great but they are a bit more expensive than I'm looking for. I was hoping someone had experience of a nice hidden gem that would be cheaper!

I will research any ideas anyone has before booking so will do my own checking as well. Wont be blaming anyone's suggestion!!!

Have a look at Apartamentos Barcarola Club they are nice apartments tucked away from main but on the main strip. I don't know if it is set up for any needs your son might need but you might find a few answers here:
Puerto_Del_Carmen_Lanzarote_Canary_Islands.html

I hope you have as good a time as I usually have in Puerto del Carmen. If I can answer any further questions for you please ask.

Hi Hans,
Thanks for reply and apologies for late acknowledgment.
Have checked out barcarola apts and seems to be lovely,only problem is reviews say that air conditioning is a must in peak season,so that has now been added to my list of requirements!!!!!
Am still searching and looking forward to other suggestions anyone might have.

Hi Emmt, would you consider the Matagorda end of Puerto del Carmen? We stayed in Fariones Aparthotel, but since then have only gone to Sol Lanzarote in Matagorda. It is quieter up that end, but it has it all at the same time. Plenty of restaurants, little gift shops, a Spar that has it all, and is on the bus route if you wish to tour other parts of the island. The 03 bus takes you to Puerto del Carmen for €1.35.

The Sol has air con, is right across the road from the beach. Has a few pools, but has gardens too so you can have shade or sun. There are ramps up to a lot of the apartments if mobility is an issue. Would def recommend a sea view self catering apartment. The Spar is a 3 min walk away and you can eat very well for little cost in the surrounding restaurants. Check it out on Trip Advisor and I would recommend booking through their own website - www.melia.com to get the best rooms.

It is only 10 mins or less in taxi from airport costing appox€10-12.

Enjoy you holiday, wherever you choose!

I agree with GM88 you will get better value out in Matagorda I have stayed in that area the last two times in Lanz. but it is very quiet and is not close enough to the strip to walk as you suggested (even though we did but being keen walkers at home every day anyway) we had a car when we were there. If you would consider driving our small car cost us around 80 euro for the week it gives you great freedom to get around the different places on the Island and even for a nervious driver like me abroad it is very safe to drive there.

Ok, I bit the bullet and booked the Montana Club Suites because it had the aircon we needed, parasols by the pool and looks like an easy walk to the beach. As far as I know its in the area called Matagorda that ye recommended so Im very happy with that.

I thought i wanted to be near the strip but I think I was expressing myself incorrectly. As long as we're close enough to restaurants and bars - the quieter ones the better - we'll both be happy.

Thanks to ye all for giving me your time and advice!

Back