Prize Bonds are looking attractive alternatives to deposits

..its gone quiet here..did someone of ye win the 1 million?...anyway zero today for me.. actually nothing for a while now....

So much for this "as a game of soldiers". :)

€80 K "invested" since the end of May, not a sausage. :-(

Just going through mine. Have won 6 times. Of this 3 were from the one batch of 400 units bought 4 years ago. Only €50 each time.

Nice surprise today, 50 euro cheque from the draw of the 27th June after the online bond tracker system said I had won nothing :confused:

What happened was I purchased a batch of sequential bonds recently and entered a wrong letter on the online tracker. Didn't notice it until now as the win pattern from the "wrong" batch had exactly matched the win pattern from my actual batch!

Going much better now. 3; 50 Euro wins the past 5 weeks, 2 of them today. The money has been in about 4.5 months now.

I won another 50 last week. On 19000 for 8.5 to 9 months, I have won 4 50's which I'm happy enough with given the dropping interest rates in that time

1 x 50 from the 100k batch

ORgQPld.jpg

I purchased a large amount of Prize Bonds last Friday week in my local Post Office. I got a phone call from my banks a few days later asking me to confirm that I had written a cheque for this large amount of money. This unnerved me a bit so I rang the Prize Bond department to confirm that they had received my order to purchase. They confirmed that they had and said that I should receive my Prize Bonds in a "few days". These few days have come and gone and still no sign of them. How long does it normally take for the actual Bonds to arrive.
I think that a company named Fexco looks after the administration of the Prize Bonds?

I purchased a large amount of Prize Bonds last Friday week in my local Post Office. I got a phone call from my banks a few days later asking me to confirm that I had written a cheque for this large amount of money. This unnerved me a bit so I rang the Prize Bond department to confirm that they had received my order to purchase. They confirmed that they had and said that I should receive my Prize Bonds in a "few days". These few days have come and gone and still no sign of them. How long does it normally take for the actual Bonds to arrive.
I think that a company named Fexco looks after the administration of the Prize Bonds?

In the past, I have waited anything from days to weeks.....

The most depressing thing about that, is that although Premium Bonds in the UK are tax free like Prize Bonds here, the tax on deposit interest is only 20% in the UK, and you can use your personal tax allowances against it too. So if you're a low earner your deposit interest is tax free in the UK, whereas here you pay 41% or 45% starting with the first cent. So paradoxically, even though interest rates are lower in the UK, savings accounts are more attractive. (There's also a limit on how much you can invest in Premium Bonds).

Back