Clocking in at work with own phone, who should pay

Also due to network configuration, congestion etc , texts may take longer to arrive and would not have the original send time on them. A mess of a situation really.
Didn,t think about that.
eg. Sent text to Malaysia today @ 2.06 pm.

Got reply @ 2.00 pm.

?? Lost with this comment Derek

Taking the proverbials really, but calling in sick is a work-related call, where does it end. Does the OP pay the employer back for any personal phone calls they make whilst in work, or for posting on AAM?

Taking the proverbials really, but calling in sick is a work-related call, where does it end. Does the OP pay the employer back for any personal phone calls they make whilst in work, or for posting on AAM?

But you don't call in sick 4 times a day/5 days a week. I wouldn't be happy if I had to put 15 cent into the clock in machine.

I rarely use my mobile so €40 credit would last me about 6 months. At 15c a text:
15 x 4 times/ day x 5 days = €3.00

Over 48 weeks that's €144, just to clock in and out.

thanks for the relpies folks, both positive and negative.
Just to clear up a few things.
My work is nice work, but that is mainly due to the type of work I do (without going into detail it is supporting people in various ways to enhance their lives in various different ways) and the team of fellow staff that I work with.
As for good will and using my employers phone and computer etc for personal use, I can honestly say I have never done this. Actually quite the opposite happens as we regulary bring in equipment from our own homes for our service to use from time to time. Most of us are lucky if we ever get our full half hour lunch break ( most of our lunches are unpaid working lunches) and I can't remeber the last time I had a mid morning break. We often work outside our normal working hours (evening and weekend work) and we receive time owed for this at a rate of hour for hour, no time and half or double time at weekends etc.
This is what i mean by goodwill, ie the goodwill has been mostly oneway.
over the past year, my working week has been increased with out extra pay, my holiday leave has been reduced and now I am been asked to pay to clock into work
As for ringing in sick and charging for the call, I won't justify that comment with an answer.

could the employer set up something like a viber account, so any employees using viber can text for free?

Back