Flying from Nantes airport to Dublin.

Grizzly

I have heard stories from people that they would rather travel down to La Rochelle airport rather than fly from Nante airport in France. Anyone had any direct exoerience flying from Nantes? Any problems?

It's a pretty small airport - I've flown in and out of it - I can't remember it being remarkably pleasant or unpleasant - little bit old, but nothing terrible - certainly nothing that would cause me to choose to drive 150km down the road to fly from La Rochelle (unless the flight times were much better or the price much better)

I've flown in and out of Nantes without any issue, don't know what they are referring to? Maybe it depends on where your end destination is?

Those I have spoken to say that you are moved from the check in area to a "glass box" like area before boarding the plane and left there for some time in sweltering heat.

All down to Ireland being a non schengen country so the need to corral the passengers.

I've flown a few times in the past year. There is a waiting area after security but it's perfectly fine. Maybe 5 gates are serviced from there. Last time I flew flights were going to UK as well as Dublin from here. No problem with finding seating.

After boarding is called there is a glass walkway where you might queue while passengers disembark. Depending on how enthusiastic the ryanair staff are at getting passengers ready for boarding you might queue there for 10/15 mins. But with the new friendly ryanair with preassigned seating you could probably just stay in the seating area by gate.

I've not experienced anything in Nantes that would put me off using it.

Thanks. Yes I had heard about the glass walkway with people being left there before boarding in high temperatures. Even 10 to 15 minutes in these conditions might not be tolerable for some.

Back