NIB - No longer getting text message alerts

NIB rang me just there.
Tried to fob me off with "the messages have left our system" and "you need to contact your network provider" - of course I wasn't having any of this. Told them quite simply that this needs to be resolved and that it is not just O2 customers that have the problem.
Their response to this was to raise the matter higher.
God if they raise the matter any higher - it might finally clear the brick wall that is their ignorance to this problem!

no helpful response came from my request to NIB tech support only that they're looking into to it and will get back to me, suggest as everyone to do the same each and every time you log in

NIB have posted me with a statement of all text messages that they sent since May this year. I can see from end of July (28th) until Aug 24th that of the 30 text messages that NIB sent me - I only received 10 texts. That means 20 texts (66%) were NOT delivered to my phone. Further more a large percentage of these were incomplete messages with information missing. Also that 50950 SMS service isn't working.

One thing I tried last night was to change my subscription in my NIB e-banking to send my VISA balance by email and text to myself and also send it to my Dad's phone (he's with Meteor). I got the email this morning and my Dad got the text. But I got no text.

So where does this leave me? Is the issue NIB or O2? Hard to stay as the issue seems to be affecting people from other networks as well. O2 have refused to investigate this any further and NIB have raised the issue to the Customer Standards Service. They are due to get in contact with me - god knows when that'll be.

A friend suggested to send registered letters to CEOs of both companies detailing the problem - I may go down this route.............

It certainly does not reflect well on nib, imagine O2 customers must make up30-40% of their customer base , can the problem be that big

A friend suggested to send registered letters to CEOs of both companies detailing the problem - I may go down this route.............
Forget the registered letter - an email to both CEOs is far more likely to get their personal attention. I happen to have both email addresses, if you're interested.

@Complainer thanks for that. Will email the CEOs.

Was over in Rotterdam over the weekend. On Friday while roaming on the Dutch network KPN - I got my NIB texts no problem - in fact I got two and both complete messages. These were sent at the correct time also. Of course no text messages this morning!
So this is pointing to O2 as the fault as when on a different network - the messages deliver properly.

So this is pointing to O2 as the fault as when on a different network - the messages deliver properly.
Sure - that makes sense - as since this thread was started (and for a long time prior to that), I have always gotten my txt alerts - but I'm not with O2 (with vodafone).

Got my text alert from NIB this morning for the first time in a couple of months. It was sent from number 50950 - which is different to the number they used to use. This is the number used for NIB's new text service - see [broken link removed].

So one of two things happened;
a) In moving the eBanking alerts over to the new provider, something screwed up - that provider had a bad connection to O2, or else
b) Their existing provider screwed up, and they moved the eBanking alerts over to the new facility to fix it.

Cheers for the update Complainer.

I haven't been as lucky as you. I still do get a single text message a week about my credit card balance - though it is incomplete (data missing).

I tried that 50950 and it still doesn't work. Hasn't worked in over a month.

I emailed both CEOs a week ago now. Got replies from both companies.
Subsequently O2 who had been in contact with NIB confirmed to me -
"our Technical Team contacted the IT Support Team in National Irish Bank on Friday regarding this matter. They confirmed that this was an internal issue with their systems and a separate 3rd party vendor"

On a separate note - the new NIB app is quite impressive. I suppose I'll give them kudos on this but definitely still annoyed over the whole text message issue.

started getting the texts again, reckon the emails may have provoked some action, and yeah as mentioned the new app is deadly

working again - and as some have said it now comes in from 50950, not with the name anymore, so must have been some conflict in o2's system. and yes - I am blaming O2, as all other provider's were working including my wife's - non O2 mobile.

Yep mine came back this morning.
From a different number like another poster mentioned.
Message was complete and nothing missing.

Wow well done NIB and O2 for finally remembering that you have customers.

Let's hope that future problems don't take nearly 2 months to resolve and several AAM posters needing to email CEOs!!!

Back