Getting several suitcases to Dublin from Lanzarote

lou2

A friend is moving back to Dublin from Lanzarote. He will have several suitcases to bring home (probably about 4). However, the weight is the problem as opposed to the number of suitcases. He is flying Aer Lingus. Any opinions on whether he would be better off getting this luggage shipped home and any idea/experience of who does this and the price? I did a google search but got nothing specific.

He could try the likes of DHL - but it could be very expensive. He might be better off getting a couple of family members to fly out empty handed and to take the luggage home with them (and him) - it could be cheaper than shipping.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a similar company to ship a suitcase from Dublin to Sydney? Due to a ridiculously incredible set of circumstances my sister had to get back to Sydney without being able to pick-up her suitcase, which had, among other things, some books that she needs for a course that starts next week. We haven't thought of anyone taking a holiday in Oz in the next few days who might take it with them and she could pay the excess baggage and I assume will need to get it shipped somehow. Can't get an online quote from DHL because the dimensions don't fit their standards so will have to try to get someone who's actually in Ireland to phone them next week to see what options they might offer. If anyone has any recommendations for companies that might get it their fairly quickly, it would be much appreciated.

Janet,

Why not just post the books down to her? I'm sure she can replace the rest of the stuff down under?

And anyone who takes luggage for someone else needs their heads examined, no matter how well you know them. I wouldn't do it anyway. Security reasons of course.

Today on radio I heard this discussion on Joe Duffys programme - dont think it is April 1st?
Aer Lingus charge approx €20 per case. However if you book two cases @ €20 each
there is no extra weight allowance for the extra case.
I find this amazing would like if somebody could confirm. Browtal

And anyone who takes luggage for someone else needs their heads examined, no matter how well you know them. I wouldn't do it anyway. Security reasons of course.

You wouldn't carry luggage for your mother or your father? Or brother or sister?

Today on radio I heard this discussion on Joe Duffys programme - dont think it is April 1st?
Aer Lingus charge approx €20 per case. However if you book two cases @ €20 each
there is no extra weight allowance for the extra case.
I find this amazing would like if somebody could confirm. Browtal

It's true. Your weight restrictions are for all your luggage, not for each bag. It's fair enough.

suitcase to Oz

Janet there's a company in Swords that relatives used to send personal effects to Sydney. They are called I.P.S

Does anyone have a recommendation for a similar company to ship a suitcase from Dublin to Sydney? Due to a ridiculously incredible set of circumstances my sister had to get back to Sydney without being able to pick-up her suitcase, which had, among other things, some books that she needs for a course that starts next week. We haven't thought of anyone taking a holiday in Oz in the next few days who might take it with them and she could pay the excess baggage and I assume will need to get it shipped somehow. Can't get an online quote from DHL because the dimensions don't fit their standards so will have to try to get someone who's actually in Ireland to phone them next week to see what options they might offer. If anyone has any recommendations for companies that might get it their fairly quickly, it would be much appreciated.

Back