How/When to pay Preliminary Tax for 2014

eiko

Hi,

I registered for Income Tax as a Self Employed person in Jan 2014. I spoke to Revenue and they said that I cannot pay my tax for 2014 until 2015 as I am jointly assessed with my husband and would have to wait until all our incomes etc. for the year were in. OK, I get that and, while I know I am not liable to pay preliminary tax in my first year, what I don't understand is - if I did decide to pay my preliminary tax for 2014 by Oct this year how do I go about doing it? Is there a form? I can only see Form 11 and Form 12 for 2013 on ROS.

Thank you..

Eiko

My apologies, I did not see the last post you did on the previous posting. Thanks again for your help. E

My apologies, I did not see the last post you did on the previous posting. Thanks again for your help. E

No worries! just pay mine as well while u in there :)

I had an error in my tax for 2014, under collected, the new cert is from today on a month 1 basis so I am just going to use this facility to lodge the underpayment now, rather than risk the cash being spent when it is due in Oct 2015

Yeah, that's my big worry too. So is it just under the payments section on the homepage of ROS and then Income tax? Or should I be seeing a specific reference to Preliminary Tax. Thanks.

I thinks its Preliminary tax for 2014. let me look, I have to fire up another browser

Login
under the My services tab, half way down on right

Submit a Payment
You can choose to make a payment or declaration against a registered tax by selecting a payment type from the below drop-down list.

Click on the drop down, select tax option, rather than interest, tax type, and u will prelim of 2014 if u select income tax

Thank you again!

Just went through the process and as I was not already set up to pay them I had to call my bank to set it up.
It was not seamless with the bank, it took 3 calls..
I could have used a debit or credit card but didn't want to do that

Back