Cost of getting stump removed northside Dublin

cbruen1

Hi all - I have a stump in my back garden that I want removed. I was wondering how much I should expect to pay - I've attached a pic beside a plastic chair to give an idea of size. It's about 2 ft high and maybe 2 or 2.5 ft at the base.

Also does anyone know someone who might do this at a reasonable price?

CIMG1036.jpg

TIA.

If you are not in a hurry drill deep (6-12 inch) vertical holes into the trunk. Water will collect there and rot the trunk. Might take 12-18 months? But it would cost you nothing....

Mc the knife's suggestion's very good...

If you want to speed it up a bit, do as Mac says with the drilling, and then put a product called 'Root Out' Granules into the holes... Should kill it off in a month or so...

a company in America has offered €5000 for the one in Rathkeale. They might remove it and pay you. Can you shape it a bit better

Hi Keith, I decided to try and remove it myself today. I dug around the stump and exposed a lot of the roots and cut some of them...wrecked now! Tomorrow I'm planning to get an axe and go at it, maybe use a bar and concrete block to try and loosen it. Either me or it will be fooked tomorrow :)

You will not move that stump with an axe. Do as I suggested and let nature remove it for you. Drill the holes 6 -8 inch deep, drill plenty of them and it will rot quickly. If the holes are narrow and deep they will never dry out, even in warm weather. The tree will rot quickly and die off.

Well done!!!...

Now all you've to get rid of is the root...

Get those muscles in gear again!...

Darth...

I'm in rag order, I'll barely be able to stand later on I'd say. Going out for beers later, defo feel like I've earned them :)

Ya have no clue what to do with the stump now..weighs a ton

MacTheKnife sends his congrats.

If you are old enough to remember Benny Hill..... Hes a lumberjack and hes alright....

Back