Increased hours in Working week - increased hours in Parental Leave?

Cyrstal

Hi All,

I work in the Public Sector. From the 1st of July last year my hours increased from 35 hours a week to 37.5 hours a week.

I currently take parental leave two days a week - parental leave is 18 weeks per child up until the child is 8. I have more than one child and the parental leave for my first child is nearly over, So originally my parental leave entitlement was 18 weeks * 35 = 630 hours. But now I work 37.5 hours - does this mean that I should get the extra hours 18 weeks * 37.5 = 675 hours.

Am I entitled to the extra 45 hours based on my new working week hours?

Thanks.

Sorry I should have explained it better, I actually take 11 hours off a week - so when it's broken down into hours it will make a difference to me?

I did work 35 hours a week, and was entitled to 18 weeks off - which was 630 hours.
I now work 37.5 hours a week, and am still entitled to 18 weeks parental leave, so am just trying to verify that I am now entitled to 675 hours as my working week has increased?

How does 2 days off per week equal 11 hours?

As gnr said the entitlement to parental leave is 18 weeks which is 90 days.

It was stated in the Haddington Road Agreement that no additional allowances (e.g. annual leave) would be granted as a result of the longer working week. You can check with your trade union or HR dept but I suspect this clause also applies to parental leave.

I take 11 hours off a week and work the remaining 26.5 hours over three days.

I've checked with HR this evening and they think I am entitled to it but are double checking.

Thanks for responses.

Back