B/holiday entitlement as part of redundancy?

aoc

Redundancy date is 20th December - Office would be closed from 23rd Dec and back on 2nd Jan - am I entitled to payment for Xmas day and St. Stephen's only or also for New Year's Day?

"LOOSING YOUR JOB

If your employment finishes during the week ending on the day before a public holiday and you have worked for your employer for the previous 4 weeks, you should receive an additional day's pay for the public holiday."

Hope this helps

yes, i had read that... what i am asking about in particular is the new years day bank holiday - is there an entitlement to this?

Could not be sure but as your employment does NOT end on the day before the New Year bank holiday I would not expect to be paid for it.

As there are 3 working days between Xmas and New Year your employment would need to end on Dec 31 to be entitled to New Year bank holiday pay

yes, i understand that... but as the business will be closed for the holidays there is no opportunity to work to get the entitlement?

Clarified - you are treated as an employee of the company for 7 days (calendar not working) from last day worked..... so no entitlement to NYday bank hol.

Back