Credit Union won't deal with appointed advisor

CouldBe

Hi,

In trying to get further on top of things , went to financial advisor who have appointed to deal on my behalf with credit cards , bank and credit union.

However credit union is refusing point blank to talk or deal with appointed advisor . As their internal policies do not allow this , will only deal with myself.

No way around this ?

Hello,

If memory serves, there is something in the Consumer Protection Code issued by the Central Bank, regarding authorised advisors & communication with same.

I note they specify Credit Unions when acting as Insurance Intermediaries in the CPC so perhaps not for loans ?

Have you tried MABS. They are very practical with suggestions and usually very well qualified and experienced with family financial matters.
I know they deal with Credit Unions and other financial bodies on behalf of their clients. They even undertake to take responsibility for paying on your behalf?
Do you have a good friend or family member who could help, I am sure the Credit Unions would be happy to work with you and another person on your behalf.
If worries are affecting a person it is often difficult to take in information during these times.
Browtal

Hi..

Not sure fully why they wont talk to financial advisor but for them it's the first time they have encountered this reaction. Other banks etc will talk and work directly with them.

Regarding MABS went to them before , (few years back) , and told this Credit Union I had and their attitude was dont go near them , work with us but payment plan they had was just not sustainable long term. Why back in the mire again.

Will make appointment to talk to them again, but mortgage as to be paid and cant keep doing reduced payments long term

Back