cost of water harvesting system

R

ronandoc

has anyone got approx cost of a rain water harvesting system

argos sell a 100 kutre skun water butt for 36.99 euro. it collects water from the down pipe - is this what you are looking for. code 720/2272 with argos.ie online site

If you're talking about burying a big tank in your garden and replumbing so the water is used for flushing loos etc. I was considering such a system a few years back when my SSIA (sigh! those were the days) matured. I didn't spend much time on it as some other stuff came up to spend my funds on, but the prices I was seeing were ~€3k mark ...

I may revisit it in the near future. I suspect private water charges will be featuring in all our lives pretty soon :-(

yes it was a proper system with tank in garden taking all roof and storm water, its then pumped through a filter and on to a storage tank in loft to be use for toilets and washing machine.i'am building a large house and have got ball park figures of 6k.

Sounds high ... though obviously it depends on the size of the roof, size of the tank, type of filtering system. If you're at build stage, I wouldn't have thought there would be much of a difference in the plumbing. How many quotes have you had?

We got a few quotes when we were planning our build and they all came in at the 6-7k mark. Decided against it in the end ( cost cutting) and going to use a couple of the water butts instead. Like to be green, but couldn't justify the spend!

Last edited:
know exactly what you mean,every euro counts!but water rates are no doubt on there way in the future

Back