restaurant not honouring a booking

olivia

I booked lunch for 25 for a family party at a local restaurant. I made the booking by phone on 8 October for 26 April. I phoned today to firm up to be told the restaurant is now being run by the owners and that I had made the booking with the people who were leasing the restaurant at that time and that the owners had not been made aware of the booking at the handover and they cannot take us. It is almost impossible to get a venue for a lunch on that day - have the owners any responsibility to me?

Regardless of what resposibility they have.......do you really want to take your nearest & dearest to a restaurant that doesn't want you there?

Very frustrating I'm sure, but I'm also sure you'll find somewhere else that'll be glad of your business.

We booked a communion lunch for our extended family for early May at a Dublin hotel at the end of last year and paid a deposit. We would have taken up aprox half the restaurant (it isn't a huge dining room). Last week we were contacted by the hotel who told us that they had double booked and the restaurant was required by another party. They could however accomodate us in another room. My wife inspected this other room which isn't half as nice and said so. The hotel said they'd refund the deposit but at this late stage where else could we go?
(We also know they didn't double book just someone with a larger party came along and they saw more profit)

Back