New York helicopter ride recommend or not

nad

Hi
Has anyone taking a trip over N.Y. in a helicopter if so would you recommend it or not, I have been looking at this site [broken link removed] also interested in a museum on music can't find anything on the web, all opinions on must see's or do's or things or places to avoid would be appreciated.

we took Libert Helicopters, there on the east side. Don't have a website for them but should be easily found. FLight is short - 15 - 20 mins, but you get to see a lot so I would recommend. From memory, $120 for the two of us a few years back. WOuld be good value with the dtrong €

I did a trip a few years ago from the west side - beside the Intrepid Aircraft carrier museum (closed I understand at the mo). It was around 100 dollars person for around 12 - 15 mins.
I would recommend it even just to be able to talk about for years after !!!
Most if not all helicopter rides as far as I know only go up and down the rivers and not actually over manhattan island. I videoed my trip and I have to say it is a thrill to watch it every now and then.
Check the key post here http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=2410
Apparently the Rockefeller building is the best for a city view - perhaps not as busy as the Empire State.

Absolutely worth it....If you can time it around dusk you will be in the air as the city lights up.....stunning.

I did one in November, the grand tour all around manhattan island and statue of liberty. I sure does make the city seem small, but the views are impressive. Leave the camera at home and enjoy it! It is a once in a lifetime thing to do, and worth it if the weather is good.

Hi nad did the helicopter ride a few years ago ... loved sitting up front with the pilot, however, i thought that we would weave in between skyscrapers like in the movies!! That doesn't happen, its along the river, we used liberty too.

Thanks for the replies, I was under the impression that it would weave in and out between the sky scrappers as well, but i still think i give it a go.

Hi
Has anyone taking a trip over N.Y. in a helicopter if so would you recommend it or not, I have been looking at this site [broken link removed] also interested in a museum on music can't find anything on the web, all opinions on must see's or do's or things or places to avoid would be appreciated.

Here is Liberty's website http://www.libertyhelicopters.com/

Hey Nad,

Assuming you are flying in to JFK, why not kill two birds and get a helicopter into the city when you arrive?

http://www.flyush.com/
Haven't done this myself, but will look into it for next time.

My sister did the helicopter ride as well with liberty

she also had a copy of a dvd-showing the ride although it was'nt of the actual trip on that day
it still showed the place/area that the ride covered nice memento if nothing else

it does look nice -and stunning views cant remember how much she cost
but she did list this as one of the things to do when in New york

Last edited:
Just one other thing on this, how long do you need to book in advance for the helicopter trip or is it possible to book on the day of the flight.

Sorry to butt in on this thread but I'm going to NY and Vegas in Oct and I was wondering would it be better to do the helicopter ride over NY or the LV strip or the Grand Canyon? Only going to spend money on one helicopter ride!

Moondance

I've done both and it would be hard to pick a winner. incidentally the Grand canyon trip will fly up the strip on the way back so 2 for 1. Daytime on the strip in Vegas is not so impressive but you can see the strip by night from the top of the Stratosphere Tower. Also recommend the rides at the top of the Stratosphere but make sure you have several beers first

Enjoy

Well just back from N.Y and would have to say the helicopter trip was well worth the $120 especially with the present euro rate.as previous posters have said the flight follows the paths of the rivers and doesn't fly over the buildings,but it did circle the statue of liberty,and i would recommend it.

Used liberty from the downtown heliport,booking was made with allnewyorktours .com

Back