Northern Ireland Car Insurance

Northerngirl

Ive been driving on a provisional license for past 2 years in Republic and had fairly low insurance with Eagle Star, who took into consideration my previous named driver status on parents insurance policy.Im now moving to north, buying a northern car and have recently passed driving test in north. So far have been given very high quotes, as they will only consider me as a first time driver, from when I passed the Uk test. Are there any Insurance companies in north (or south) who will consider my previous policies when quoting me for northern reg car??

Are you sure about this? Which companies? The ones Ive contacted so far say they only consider insurance and no claims bonus on a full licence, not a provisional Irish licence.

get a quote in your name - do not mention the irish licence - simply tell them you have the northern licence and also 2 years no claims bonus from the republic.

Who were you with in the republic?

BrianCB- I didnt mention the provisional licence, just the 2 year no claims bonus, and got a good quote from Axa. Thanks for advice.

Back