Motor Query re. car insurance claim

duchalla

2 weeks ago a guy drove into the back of my car pushing me into the fella in front of me, the fella I hit got out of his car had a look at the back of it and said "I'm grand, my car's grand, its between the 2 of ye", and drove off. Myself and the guy that hit me exchange insurance details, there was no body injured so we didnt bother calling the guards. There was damage done to the front and back of my car. I was being decent out to this guy, all i wanted was my car fixed.
His Insurance company got the claims report yesterday, he's saying i had hit the guy in front of me before he hit me, so they're only going to cover the damage to the back of the car. As there were no witnesses, its my word against his. It looks like I'll have to pay for the damage to the front of my car and his insurance will pay for the damage to the back. Have I any come back here?

I'd get the incident reported to your own insurance company ASAP. It is a condition of your insurance to report all accidents to them. Ask them to appoint an assessor to view the vehicles in question. The assessor may be able to work out who hit who from the damage caused. Either way, make sure to let your insurer handle this as it could get messy with three vehicles involved.

www.powerinsurances.ie

You really should have got the details of the lad in front of you. he could have cleared it up by simply saying whether he felt 1 jolt or 2. (i.e. If you hit him first he would of felt the bang from you then the bang from the driver who hit you, as you were hit first he would have only felt one bump)
Good luck with it.

The other fella's insurance company rang me this morning and said they'll pay for the repair of the back and the front of my car. Cheers for the replies lads.

Back