Current company closing, contracts being bought by new company

Dinky

Hi all,

As I can't name companies, this might seem a little vague, so apologies in advance.

The company where I currently work is shutting up shop, and one of our clients is taking their business to a new provider. The new provider has agreed to buy the contracts of everyone working for the client, including mine (full time, permanent), and has indicated that there will be "no adverse change" to T&Cs.

The new provider, however, has a different organisational structure to the one in my present company, and no equivalent to the level I'm currently at. They also place far less emphasis and importance on the area I work in than my current employer.

The client I'm currently working for in my present company has insisted that I remain dedicated to their account. My contract of employment will not be with the client, however, but with the new provider, so what the client wants and gets could be two very different things.

So far, information has been very generalised. I'm due to meet with the new provider's HR department this week to discuss the nitty gritty. Any advice on what to ask and what to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, Clubman - I hadn't heard of TUPE, but that's exactly what I'm looking for. Cheers!

Your contract should remain intact, apart from Pension.

Your role is a different issue, you may need to talk to an employment solicitor http://www.flac.ie

Off the top of my head, T+Cs are safe under legislation, but role is up to new employer.

Back