Working in credit control

speedy1

Hello

I wondered if anyone could offer any advice about working in credit control.

I am in the final stages of AAT and I am looking at what the best route for training and developing a career in credit control may be.

I have had a look at the ICM.org.uk website, how does this qualification stack up against other accredited organisations?

I may have an oppertunity to set up a credit control department for a company that wants to relocate its credit control to where I am currently working, this is an opportunity I would love to accept as the are centralising the accounts department I am currently working to another part of the country so I will probably be made redundant if this is over my head with my current qualifications and experience.

I am not afraid to take something like this on but good preparation is probably 9/10ths of any job so any advice is greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Speedy

Credit control is a broad term.Your asking for advice about working in credit control but then state you have the opportunity to start a credit control operation ?

If im wrong correct me .

Im a credit controller for the past 7 years and ive gone from lodging a 10 euro cheque to an account to writing off multi million euro debts.....

what exactly is it you would like to know ? How to run an operation or how to be a credit controller?

Hello Parker
Sorry if my question was too vague.
I am really looking for recomendations for the best study route for a career in credit control so something which will cover both areas really.
Thanks for your comments.

Speedy

Hi Speedy 1 ,

Any of the business schools will have credit control related courses, accounts payable/receivable , debtors ledger etc....I was employed and trained through in house courses
which would have been adapted from external courses so unfortunately I cant direct you to a recommended course.

Did a quick google there under the irish index and theres numerous hits for credit control courses in dublin.

Good luck !

Hi Speedy

Contact Irish Institute of Credit Management in Dublin

phone 6599466 (Ask for Declan Flood or Ellen)

They will advise you the relevance of the various courses/qualifications as you can study fundamentals of Credit Management in 3 months or a degree course which takes 3-4(?) years!

Regards
Dicey

Thanks for that Dicey

Great website, I will get in touch with them.

Kind Regards
Speedy1

Back