What will IMF fiind? What are Brian & Brian hiding?

tiger

Looks like the bailout (or what ever it will be called) is upon us
[broken link removed]
The government has been dragged kicking & screaming to this, denying discussions taking place etc.
My fear is that they have been hiding something, and when the IMF/ECB go through the books it will come out.
I think it will all go back to the bank guarantee 2 years ago, there are still unanswered questions as to why they gave such an inclusive guarantee, when all the advice was to the contrary.

That's what I'm afraid of as well. I'm just waiting to be told that they are still lying and that there are X billion of euro more to be pumped into them :mad:

+ 1

Also, I worry about our tracker mortgages; The reality is that our banks have giving out a large number of long term low cost loans, while the cost of them refinancing them has risen dramatically. Much the same situation as brought down Northern Rock.

That's what I'm afraid of as well. I'm just waiting to be told that they are still lying and that there are X billion of euro more to be pumped into them :mad:

Well if all the figures are believed, we have already received €130bill, and are about to get another €80bill.

€210billion for a nation of 5 million. How did we ever get to this?

Will the money we get be going to the banks to pay back the bondholders in the UK and Germany is a more interesting question. Why so eager to give us the money.

Quote from Eamon Ryan :" He also said he believed the teams from the IMF, the ECB and the EU would see that the position of the Irish banks were strong. "Our banks are solid and I believe that that will be shown to be the case."

Who's taking bets lads and ladies?

I'd say the EU & IMF lads are sitting there scratching their heads. They're asking people questions, and just getting blank, dumb expressions back from our banking and civil service people. I'd say they have never met a bigger shower of thicks in their lives.

Quote from Eamon Ryan :" He also said he believed the teams from the IMF, the ECB and the EU would see that the position of the Irish banks were strong. "Our banks are solid and I believe that that will be shown to be the case."

Who's taking bets lads and ladies?

I'm sure the IMF are greatly reassured by the soothing words of a ex-bicycle saleman.

The last couple of posts are hilarious.
Same around town... Everyone you meet has a funny joke about the situation.
I was in the butchers earlier and he kept talking about the EMF this and the EMF that :)

You know I think we are actually coming out of the gloom at last. We've stopped believing 'them' and sort of freed ourselves from the fear mongers.

The last couple of posts are hilarious.
Same around town... Everyone you meet has a funny joke about the situation.
I was in the butchers earlier and he kept talking about the EMF this and the EMF that :)

You know I think we are actually coming out of the gloom at last. We've stopped believing 'them' and sort of freed ourselves from the fear mongers.

"You're unbelieveable" :D

I think there is a lot of crap being hid - for 2 years now we have been listening to spin and different terms being used e.g. 'liquidity issues' blah de blah.
All I have seen in past 2 years is that nothing has changed except that the figures for the bailout have shot through the roof. And now the IMF are here....some would say (perhaps justifiably) "At Last !!"
This morning on Ivan Yates 2 qs. put to Minister Ryan were "Is there a run on the banks ? Has 600 million left accounts in past 3 weeks ??" Needless to say he dodged the answers.
Well - as far as I'm concerned - here's the question ? Are our deposits (I mean u and me...normal people with a few quid in) safe any more? Or should we change our money ASAP to another safer institution ? Thats what I'm worried about right now. What ye think guys ?

I think there is a lot of crap being hid - for 2 years now we have been listening to spin and different terms being used e.g. 'liquidity issues' blah de blah.
All I have seen in past 2 years is that nothing has changed except that the figures for the bailout have shot through the roof. And now the IMF are here....some would say (perhaps justifiably) "At Last !!"
This morning on Ivan Yates 2 qs. put to Minister Ryan were "Is there a run on the banks ? Has 600 million left accounts in past 3 weeks ??" Needless to say he dodged the answers.
Well - as far as I'm concerned - here's the question ? Are our deposits (I mean u and me...normal people with a few quid in) safe any more? Or should we change our money ASAP to another safer institution ? Thats what I'm worried about right now. What ye think guys ?

I think that they really were having liquidity issues i.e. they were taking the p.iss...

Personally I'm not worried about deposits. They are gauranteed.

I'm more worried about tax increases, unemployment, and the private debt problem (mortgages etc) that will only get much worse from here.

I went to take money out of a bank machine earlier and it said insufficient funds... I had to wonder was it me or the bank that didn't have the money :)

While FF and the Greens are almost certainly hiding something, you're deluded if you think the IMF and/or ECB will tell us about it.

I bet they find a half bottle of whiskey and a lugar with one bullet in it, in a drawer in biffos office, please imf, let him finish

Back