employee or self-employer

S

stich

Hi to evryone !
Iam the czech nationality,in Dublin 2 years,skilled floor fitter with 7 years experience in czech rep. and 1,9 years in Dublin.I like my job and allways i trying do my best....but finally i found my self litlle bit disappoined.
Work over here is going more to rush,I could say preference is quantity not quality ?!
My salary is 2000eu per mont after tax but my boss would like more and more work each day and last weeks he trying attack to me that I am slow and etc. that was after i try tell him go my to contracting for him...So I was thinking about become to self-employer and offer my own handicraft to everybody in Dublin and vicinity.
I dont wanna be "cheap imigrant" and stealing job of Irish peple...I wanna be fair.... offer very good work along with all experience and good skill feelings...
Question is What priority is for Irish people.....quality of work or nationality of craftman...?!!!
And should be good price for fitting wooden floor for 13eu per sq meter + 10percent discount when order is bigger then 40 sq m.?!!
Is that price big enough for dont be" too cheap" and cheap enough for making job over here ?!
I hope my english is not so crazy for You people and all answers will be appreciate
Thanks a lot

Hi Stich

sorry I can't help out on the rates but I would like to say that i think there is a market for for what you are doing - some people want the best price, some people want the best quality, and most people want the best quality at the best price!!!! As for the question of nationality, unfortunately you will meet people who are biased against non-Irish workers but if the quality is good and the price is right there are plenty of people in Ireland who will happily deal with you.

Best of luck in your new venture!

Hi Podowd
Thank you for your answer....made me happy in my verdict. And today I met the man who has a contact for some people so I hope should be fine...
Thanks again

Back