ICB Report Scheduled Removal Date Blank??

ciarano

Hi,

I had a personal loan/Credit card and Overdraft back in 2006 got in to hardship about a year later lost my job all 3 were amalgamated and interest still accrues to this day basically what i took out in 2006 has tripled :0

I got my ICB Report Tuesday all clear bar the above now it shows just 2 entries

1/ my new bank opened account 13/5/2014 showing ICB CRIF 2* BLANK & GFS* BLANK

2/still refer to a situation back in 2006.
Name of bank/Amount/Term/Finance type/etc
Opening Date 06-March 2006
Scheduled Removal Date To Be Determined

My question is how long can that remain on my ICB Report is there not a statue of limitations?

Can Scheduled Removal Date be left blank?what does To be Determined indicate?

If i contact the said bank are my opening up a can of worms as i am currently unemployed and the fact it has tripled is way way out of my depth i furnished the bank with Letters of hardship and MABS many times.

Dont know where i stand being honest,

Thanks,
Jon

Normally after 5 to 6 years ICB reports are cleared out.

Your loans were amalgamated in 2007 .
It maybe that you have made even tiny payments in the last few years, that would keep ICB active.
It may also be that Bank has yet to decide whether to actually close off any more action on your account, ICB say {to be determined}

Once you are communicating via Mabs etc ,it means account is still (live)..

I suggest that were you stand is this.
Mr Bank would love to see you earning money to pay them back.
Mr Bank will hold on to see if your situation improves to pay them something.

Jon has no income.
Jon has used MABS.
Jon has no free funds.

In short Mr Bank is being optimistic that you will find extra future income and will leave ICB on for long nuff.

On the PLUS side , if they had any real intention of chasing you ,they would have.
You may get future debt letters/calls etc but if you havn,t funds stay civil and do not feel bullied.#

Thanks a million Gerry.

All communication has ceased with the Bank PTSB
havent heard from the bank in years just puzzled that i gave all the info and showed Hardship and they still hope?i did not win the Lotto.

Not shirking my responsibility it was the interest alone that drove the whole situation apart and i had always kept them up to date,Ill health and unemployment never allowed me to get back up and running but am currently trying to seek employment again

Just want to get on with my life.

So i will just keep still and fingers crossed it will soon be removed

Kind Regards,
Jon

A history will only clear 5 years from when a debt is paid off or removed. You've currently got an open balance, and therefore not date for clearance.

What incentive has the bank got to write off the debt?

Back