FAS courses: Sage Accounts versus Manual Accounts

sepmilo

Hi
Just wondering if anyone has any experience of these courses? Which would be better at furthering a career?

Having part trained as an accountant and having had the benefit of working on a PC based accounts package (JDedwards) I would start with the manual accounts as you get a better understanding of what it's all about as opposed to just entering data into Sage to produce a set of accounts.

Benny200

Having part trained as an accountant and having had the benefit of working on a PC based accounts package (JDedwards) I would start with the manual accounts as you get a better understanding of what it's all about as opposed to just entering data into Sage to produce a set of accounts.

Benny200

As an accountant I totally agree. Unless you are completely clueless with computers in general then most accounting software packages are quite easy to use if you already understand how to do it manually. Often software packages have simplified data entry screens which hide some of the double entry from you so it would be possible to learn how to use a particular package without ever getting a true understanding of the principles underlying it. If you learn it properly manually and understand it then you should pick up any of the basic software packages easily enough.

Back