Credit Control policy

kkelly77

Do all CU's work under the same credit control policy? Or does each individual CU operate under it's own policy?

Is this policy available to CU members?

No policies should be tailored to each CU but they should contain a lot of the same stuff.

The policy should be available to view

No policies should be tailored to each CU but they should contain a lot of the same stuff.

The policy should be available to view

I'm being refused a copy of my CU's credit control policy. I was told 'it is an internal document and can't be sent out'.

Is this BS and the credit union trying to fob me off?

If you are a credit union member (share-holder) then you are "internal" to the organization. Tell them you will request the document be distributed to all members at the next AGM and you'd like to review it beforehand.

Whats all this nonsense about?
Get on the Board rather than this pedantic stuff.
The main threat is the absurd restrictions imposed by a micro managing delusional central bank.

Whats all this nonsense about?
Get on the Board rather than this pedantic stuff.
The main threat is the absurd restrictions imposed by a micro managing delusional central bank.

Doesn't really offer any help with my original query. I require a copy of this document.

Back OT, is it possible to file a complaint re: this issue with the Financial Services Ombudsman or Central Bank?

Doesn't really offer any help with my original query. I require a copy of this document.

Back OT, is it possible to file a complaint re: this issue with the Financial Services Ombudsman or Central Bank?

Your issue is clearly not as simple as having a nosey at the credit control policy. I presume you are in dispute with the credit union over a delinquent loan and you are unhappy with whatever action they have taken against you.
You haven't given the context of your "complaint" - sounds like classic deflection tactics, I deal with such nonsense from time to time. I always give the delinquent whatever they want and when they realise they can't get off on a procedural technicality the complaint goes away and we get back to dealing with the real issue - "when is the loan going to be paid?" . The delinquent usually doesn't put as much effort into that as they do into making a nonsensical complaint.
OP - if this isn't your situation then please give us the context

kkelly 77;

From experience there is nothing {magical} in any credit control policy.
I would be very surprised if it contains anything that could or should be of interest to normal customrers.
As per CU Manager , I have a sneaking suspicion of arrears here.
The bottom line is that any credit policy , be it good or bad or barely exists , has very little chance (nor should it) of avoiding arrears.
As per Cu Manager;
Sorry if I mis read you.Context is important.

Back