JSB collection at post office question

raglan

Can you lift your JSB at any post office if needed or is it post office specific? If it is , how many days can payment be left without collection before it goes back into the system?

My understanding is that it is post office specific as you have to specify which office to use on your initial application form.

Also, I believe that you have 3 days to collect it.

you actually have until the day before the next payment to collect it. For example, your payment is available on a Wednesday. You must collect it by the following payment so, Tuesday is the last day you can collect it

Check the time with Social Welfare.

I had 3 days to collect mine, Wed-Fri.

A colleague of mine I worked with previously was told one day from the same Social Welfare office.

Spoke to someone last week who is given 5 days to collect it (like you say day before next payment is due).

However through all my dealings with SW I have been given conflicting information and mis information so doesn't surprise me.

you actually have until the day before the next payment to collect it. For example, your payment is available on a Wednesday. You must collect it by the following payment so, Tuesday is the last day you can collect it

Our local post office has confirmed on a few occasions that the payment is actually returned on Monday evening so unavailable on Tuesday.

An Post return payments to SW after close of business each Tuesday, payment is available from your regular payment day until the Tuesday of the following week.

As another poster said, collection of the payment can only be made at a specified post office.

Back